Sunday 21 April 2013

Time to reflect and plan again.

So I have achieved a number of things on my list but I probably need to start on the more challenging and costly tasks. So lets see how well I am doing.

1.Start a blog to keep track of progress and report back. - So still doing this and about to set up some more at work.

2. Read a book every month (or 12 in the year) and post a blog comment about it  - 3 read now, I have found having them on my ipad really helps me read more. So the 2 books I have read recently are:


Gervase Phinn: All These Lonely People. Its quite a sad book but does tell you not to judge a book by its cover and all anyone wants is to be loved and needed. 

Tom Reynolds: Blood, Sweat and Tea: Real Life Adventures in an Inner-city Ambulance. This gives a inside view on life as a member of the London ambulance service, it made me laugh and cry both in happiness and sadness. It also made me realise that I will only ever call an ambulance when I really need one. 














3. Complete a cross-stitch design every month - still only 5/12 done but got one that is nearly complete

4. Run a reasonable 5km run - I should start making an effort on this one, maybe I will start using the xbox and try and do 5km in the house first before venturing outside.


5. Visit a new city in the UK -  Went to Manchester so this one is technically complete :) although I will try to visit more cities. 

6. Go to a rugby game - I really need to organise this and drag someone along, will have to find someone to take to a league game especially now the weather is improving.
7. Listen to a new band as recommended by someone else - Complete this one thanks to Hayley.

8. Try a new recipe from my recipe books each month and blog about it - For Debbie Rosen's birthday at work, I baked a Raspberry Cakewell from my new Clandestine Cake club book, it seemed to go down well. 




9. Go to a ballet I will get the Ballet events list and see what is available.

10. Go to a Classical concert - I may go to one of the University ones, but i may need to wait until September.

11. Have a facial -I am just being lazy on this one but I should treat myself for my birthday.
12. Track day  - I need to investigate the cost and see if someone will come with me, I don't fancy going on my own.

13. Get a tattoo I think I know what I want, I just need to find a suitable tattoo artist. 

14. Go to a 20-20 cricket game - I may fail on this one, but hopefully get to a cricket game this year, the season is only just starting so plenty of time yet.

15. Eat in a Michellin Star restaurant This is one for later in the year, I need to save some cash!

16. Get a new qualification - failed miserably at the MOOC, I will write my thoughts on MOOC's in general in a separate post. My current options are a bee keeping course so I can help keep the bees at work or an icing course.

17. Go on a steam train Need to replan this trip, maybe a trip to Scarborough


18. Go to Centre Parcs - Haven't really thought about this but maybe October time

19. Give something up for lent - completed :)

20. Learn to knit a scarf - scarf course at shop in Headingley so need to book on to it. I have looked and they are once a month so might need to leave it until June or July.

21. Ride a horse, even if its just a short ride - I have not investigated this, will look into it for a summer event.


22. Do a course of some sort maybe painting or crafting etc - must see what the new lists are, might do a cake decorating one. These is a cake decorating one at Leeds Grammar school but I missed the current one, hopefully they will repeat it at a time i can do. There is also a shop in Ossett that has courses too.

23. Go to a craft show or game fair - Cake and Bake show done! See my previous post, but always looking for new shows.

24. To take more pictures - I now have a flickr site here

25. Eat one meat free day a week - Must try harder!

26. To attend at least 6 WYNTV tasks - There are a large number of tasks that are a long drive or require lots of walking so will wait for the slightly nearer tasks.


27. Build a sandcastle at the seaside Going to do this when I go to Alnwick in about 5 weeks time.


28. Attend more talks after work  - Need to try and go to some, there is one on Monday but it just means late home and then feel rushed.

29. Ride my bike - still in the garage, but have found a flat 2 mile route to try and get going on.

30. And finally work to get my contract extended or find myself a new exciting job. - I still don't know anything and its beginning to get to me, I will start applying for other jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment