On top of the things listed below, I went to the theatre with some people from the department to see Sherlock Holmes
In summary I have achieved 5 tasks completely and 9 are ongoing. The ones I want to achieve next are - tattoo, cricket and sandcastle building! Then horse riding, facial and steam train.
Again comments and suggestions welcomed, does anyone fancy the ballet or a classical concert.
1.Start a blog to keep track of progress and report back. - doing :)
2. Read a book every month (or 12 in the year) and post a blog comment about it - 3/12 - I haven't really done much reading, I think downloading them on to my tabler might help, also I am away for a week soon so I might be able to read more.
4. Run a reasonable 5km run - Nope but I have been very tired, so need to slowly build this up. - this is something I need to start on.
5. Visit a new city in the UK - Been to Manchester
6. Go to a rugby game -. - I have achieved this, I went to see Wakefield Wildcats vs London Broncos on Sunday 23rd June, with my brother, his girlfriend and mum. Wakefield won, so a good day was had by all and a new task crossed off the list.
7. Listen to a new band as recommended by someone else - Done
8. Try a new recipe from my recipe books each month and blog about it - . I made a apple crumble cake for the SEE cake club, I think it was a bit of a hit..
9. Go to a ballet - nothing yet - no still failing
10. Go to a Classical concert - same as above - nope
11. Have a facial - I should just book one, and see if I like it! - Thanks to Sam for her suggestions, I must now book, not sure when I well find the time.
12. Track day - not looked yet- not yet
13. Get a tattoo - this I have re-thought and i am going for a tree/branch, I have a name of an artist in Leeds, thanks to Graham so this is progressing.
14. Go to a 20-20 cricket game - Organised with some PhD's from work going to Headingly on 5th July - this is net friday!
15. Eat in a Michellin Star restaurant - there are some things I need to work on
16. Get a new qualification - I haven't thought about this one, I will look at this soon.
17. Go on a steam train - I need to get a date sorted!
18. Go to Centre Parcs - Not thought about this one
19. Give something up for lent - completed :)
20. Learn to knit a scarf - Scarf is still ongoing but its getting bigger hopefully I will get it finished soon.
21. Ride a horse, even if its just a short ride - I really need to sort this out, maybe a weekend in August
22. Do a course of some sort maybe painting or crafting etc - Learnt to keep bees.
23. Go to a craft show or game fair - Went to Cake and Bake show
24. To take more pictures - I now have a flickr site here
25. Eat one meat free day a week -I am not very good at this, although I have managed one day and generally only have meat in one meal.
26. To attend at least 6 WYNTV tasks - So I have been to one social and one task, I helped clear Rose Bay Willow Herb.
27. Build a sandcastle at the seaside- With the holiday being rebooked I hope to get this one sorted.
28. Attend more talks after work - nope
29. Ride my bike - still in the garage - nope
30. And finally work to get my contract extended or find myself a new exciting job. - Well I have applied for y new job, the closing date was friday, so I now just need to get an interview.